Written by Elizabeth Walsh-Zimmermann,
Director of WELL Spa + Salon at The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, WI
- Your skin is important. It will be visible in your wedding photos for the rest of your life. Treat your skin with a facial to ensure it has the proper moisture it needs to look its best. Be sure to try the facial 30 days before your wedding to see how your skin will react, then do the facial again 10 days before you walk down the aisle.
- Moisturize twice a day, in the morning and at night to help make your skin look gorgeous. While you sleep, your skin repairs itself so it is important for you to cleanse at night to remove the pollution and stress from the day and bring the moisture back to your skin.
- Gently exfoliate your skin once a week. Use a gentle facial exfoliant twice a week to remove dry dead skin from the epidermis, leaving skin smooth and renewed.
- Drink plenty of water for glowing skin. Hydrating is essential to maintaining proper moisture and nutrients to skin cells. Water flushes toxins out, enhancing your complexion and leaving you with soft healthy-looking skin.
- Don’t forget about the rest of your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize your body before your wedding. Be sure you focus on dry, patchy areas, like your elbows, knees and heels as dirt is attracted to dry skin and can appear darker in your wedding photos.
- If using a self-tanner to add that extra glow. It is best to test a self-tanner before your wedding to make sure it doesn’t rub off on your dress and it applies evenly.
- Choose a wedding day hairstyle that makes you feel comfortable. With so many beautiful options, it’s important to have a trial with your stylist before your wedding. The trial will ensure the style you want matches your face shape and gives you the look you want on your special day. It’s also important to do a makeup trial to guarantee your makeup is what you dreamed of as you walk down the aisle.
- Try the newest wedding day hair trend – organic chic. This polished, yet messy look incorporates braids, twists and flowers for a whimsical look. Some brides will even have a loose updo during the ceremony and pull it down for the reception. This will give your hair body and look stunning throughout the entire day.
- Get the celebrity treatment with airbrushed makeup. With high-definition cameras showing every small flaw or discoloration, many brides are turning to airbrush makeup. Airbrush makeup will fill all your pores to create a clean look compared to foundation that simply covers your skin. It also lasts well into the night!
- Complete your look with flawless makeup. Before your makeup consultation, decide the look you are going for. Do you want to look dramatic on the day of your wedding or do you want a more natural, soft look? Depending on what you decide, make sure your makeup doesn’t compete. For the dramatic look, choose dark eyes and light lips. For a more natural look, have light eyes and use a bold, red lipstick to create a look that pops. For a glamorous look, apply eyelashes in the corner of your eyes to open your eyes and look elegant. If you want to be able to touch up throughout the day and evening, most spas will have the products they used available for purchase.
WELL Spa + Salon at The Pfister Hotel
WELL Spa + Salon is also located at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva
The O-Spa at Olympia Resort
Elegance Salon & Spa
Merle Norman Cosmetic Studios: Brookfield & Hales Corners
Wide Eyed Beauty
Rella by Cindy
Mary Kay Cosmetics