At some point during your wedding and reception, your guests, and possibly you, will expect to sit down. While an area tree stump or upturned milk crate will do just the trick, you also have the option to upgrade your seating, dinnerware, and accoutrements by renting them. Possibly as an add-on option from your chosen venue, or from a variety of experts local to the ceremony, these services can do more than sit your guests comfortably. Consider the mood of gold chiavari chairs versus a hay bale. Both make an impact and send their own message as to who you are as a couple. Table coverings, drapery, lighting, tents, even flooring can all be customized to your personal style, and carefully selecting them can mean the difference between planning a wedding and planning your wedding.
We are long past the days of your choice of white linens, or a more daring ivory. Unique cultural hallmarks, personal interests, and family tradition can all be accommodated by working closely with your chosen professionals. In any case, choosing who to rent from, and what to rent, can be an overwhelming process. It will help when learning about your potential rentals partner to know what your priorities might be, and to rank them. Is it ease of service, and seamless assembly and pick-up? Perhaps it is the quality of the dinnerware, or an aesthetic you would like to accomplish. Related questions to what matters most to you should be the first to ask, so that any companies unable to fulfill those needs can be crossed off your list right away.
For whomever remains in the running, consider the following checklist to be sure you can avoid any hidden costs, are receiving the best possible package, and you aren’t surprised the day of your wedding with a setup that inconveniences you.
- Is a deposit required? If so, when and how much?
- Do you provide delivery, set-up, and pick- up? Is this included in the cost?
- What is the rental fee? Are there package rates available, or do you rent by the item?
- Who will be my contact the day of my wedding?
- How far in advance do I need to book your services?
- Have you worked with my ceremony & reception venue before?
- When would the items be delivered and picked up? Specifically, at what time and on which date?
- Will you move decorations from the ceremony to the reception site if needed?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the policies for lost or damaged items?
With the important questions addressed, and your gut feeling, you will find that winning vendor. And although this is certainly an option if it suits you, the business of event rentals now extends well beyond just a guy with a truck full of folding chairs. Consider the possibilities of your wedding as executed by a great collaborator who shares your vision. Bring your ideas to the right team, and allow them lift the stress of your big day, and curate a memorable wedding with your own personal stamp.
- All Star Rentals
- Ambrosia Events
- Arnold’s Environmental Services Inc.
- Brookfield Party Rental
- Celebrations Tent & Party – West Bend
- Celebrations Tent & Party – Hartford
- Containers UP
- Cover it with Class
- Exciting Events
- Gertrude & Evelyn Vintage Rentals
- Heavenly Creations
- JKS Homemade Backyard Games
- Something Borrowed & More
- Well Dressed Tables