Create an Account
Login to bookmark vendors!
Bridal gown preservation from Martinizing will keep your wedding dress like new for generations to come.
Bridal gown preservation from Martinizing will keep your wedding dress like new for generations.
When your wedding day is over, have your bridal gown professionally cleaned and preserved by the experts. Your bridal dress signifies your love and marriage and deserves the best treatment!
Martinizing uses museum-quality archival methods and techniques when restoring and preserving your wedding gown. Each gown is evaluated before cleaning, and the best process for that particular gown is used. These processes include gentle solvent baths, gentle tumbling techniques, and detailed hand finishing. All of the methods are safe and gentle.
• The wedding box has an unbleached cotton muslin liner for double protection.
• It is carefully hand “rold” (combination rolling & folding) with acid & lignin-free tissue distributed between the layers of the dress.
• We do not seal our preservation box.
• The wedding box has a muslin cover that can be monogrammed with your initials and wedding date.
If you would like a consultation about your wedding gown, please get in touch with the manager at the location of your choice.
Tip #1: Store the box in a cool, dry atmosphere away from sunlight, heat, and humidity; under the bed is a good place or an inside closet. Do not store in an attic or basement. Attic heat can produce yellowing, and basement dampness can cause mildew. Do not store your gown in any plastic bag or cardboard box that is not explicitly identified as “acid-free.”
Tip #2: Experts suggest inspecting your gown every one to three years and refolding it along different lines to help prevent permanent creases. When examining your dress, wear the cotton gloves provided with the packaging so that oil or dirt from your skin doesn’t stain the gown.
Below are the bridal gown preservation steps we follow to maintain the beauty and integrity of your wedding gown.
1. Wedding Gown Inspection: Your bridal gown is meticulously inspected for stains. All beads and trimmings are tested for serviceability before the bridal gown restoration and preservation process.
2. Preliminary Maintenance: Replacement and/or reinforcement of beading, trimmings, and other minor wedding gown repairs as needed. Some beading may need extensive covering or reinforcing, which could incur an additional charge.
3. Clean: Your gown is inspected for any stains to be removed before being moved on to the cleaning process. The cleaning process varies based on the material, trim, and type of stains.
4. Post Cleaning: Bridal gown stain removal is completed at this stage. A careful inspection for stains and residual matter is performed.
5. Bridal Gown Reinforcement: Beading, trimming, and ornamentation are all tightened and replaced if needed.
6. Hand Finishing Services: Special attention is given to the designer’s line and drape during the pressing process to ensure your wedding dress is pressed to perfection. Beading, trimmings, lace, pearls, sequins, rhinestones, and other embellishments require a high degree of attention during the hand-finishing process.
7. Client Inspection: We meet with you for a final viewing before your bridal gown is placed in its archival chamber.
8. Wedding Gown Archival Chamber: Your wedding gown is wrapped and secured in acid-free tissue paper, carefully folded, then wrapped in unbleached muslin, and placed in a custom acid-free museum-quality archival chamber. We then place a muslin cover with optional monogrammed over the chamber.
9. Wedding Gown Storage: You should store your preserved bridal gown in the closet of a spare room in your Milwaukee home. Never store your wedding gown in an attic, garage, or basement where it can be exposed to elements capable of compromising the wedding gown preservation process. Lay the box flat to prevent shifting during storage.
“After sixty years of hanging in a closet, I brought my wedding dress to be cleaned and boxed. They did an absolutely beautiful job and the packing was outstanding. I just wish I had done this earlier. Great service and no issues at all.”
“Phenomenal job on my wedding dress. Great service. We were very pleased”