Milw & SE WI Marriage Laws

Apply in County in which either is a resident. License may be used anywhere in the state.

Both must apply in person. Certified birth certificate is required.

Proof of residence is required (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.

Apply no later than 8 working days (Milwaukee County), 6 working days (Jefferson, Ozaukee, Kenosha, Racine, Walworth,Washington, Waukesha) prior to wedding date--two weeks prior is recommended.

Non-residents (both out-of-state) must apply in the county they will be married. License will be only valid in that county.

Each party must provide the Clerk's office with their social security card.

License is valid 30 days from the date issued.

Legal age is 18. If younger, you must bring a certified consent form (available at the Office of the County Clerk) from both parents or legal guardian.

If divorced, copy of judgement of divorce, court annulment or death certificate. 6 month waiting period.

Most counties require name, address and phone numberof the person performing the ceremony. Location and date may also be required.

Some counties require that documents not in English be translated and notarized.


 Cash Only - No Refunds
 JEFFERSON: $90  Office of the Clerk  - Courthouse
320 S.Main St.,Rm 109, Jefferson, WI   53549
(920)674-7140   --
KENOSHA: $80  County Amin Bldg
1010 56th St. Kenosha, WI  53140 
(262)653-2552   --
MILWAUKEE: $100  Courthouse
901 N. 9th St., Rm 105, Milwaukee, WI  53233 
(414) 278-4070  --
OZAUKEE: $100  Admin Bldg
121 W. Main St., Rm 128, Port Washington, WI 53074
(262)284-8110  --
RACINE:  $90  Racine Courthouse
730 Wisconsin Ave.,1st Fl,   Racine, WI  53403
(262)636-3121 * (800)242-4202  --
WALWORTH: $80  Office of the Clerk  Walworth Government Center
100 W. Walworth St.,Rm 101,  Elkhorn, WI 53121
(262)-741-4241  --
WASHINGTON: $90 Office of the Clerk
432 W Washington St.,Rm 2027, West Bend, WI 53095
(262)335-4301 * (262)335-4735  --
WAUKESHA: $105 Administration Bldg.
1320 Pewaukee Rd.,Rm120, Waukesha, WI 53188
(262)548-7010  --